GITCA MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
1. By entering into this Agreement your organization becomes a Member Organization of the Global IT Community Association (GITCA), a
volunteer-based not-for-profit organization.
2. GITCA has the right to modify any part of this agreement at any time.
1. Membership is granted for a one-year period, and is automatically renewed annually on the anniversary of your original membership date
unless GITCA is informed of your desire not to renew.
3. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
In order for organizations to be considered for membership they should:
1. Consist of at least 10 registered members who physically or virtually gather for the mutual benefit of sharing information, generally about
2. Membership is not based on sex, age, religion, or race.
3. Complete the GITCA membership application.
4. Be approved by the appointee of the Global Board and/or Regional Board of GITCA.
4. BENEFITS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
From time to time, GITCA will make available to its members a variety of benefits.
1. While GITCA attempts to distribute these in a fair and reasonable way, you may be restricted as to the quantity or participation based on
the size, focus or location of your organization.
2. Benefits may include information provided on our web sites, use of web sites that we or others maintain, offers from our sponsors,
access and/or discounts to events, assistance and advice in maintaining and operating a Member Organization, and other support.
3. You are authorized to use GITCA trademarks and logos in advertising and in promotion relating to GITCA but GITCA shall have the right
to control the use of any of its trademarks by your organization. You may not alter, erase or overprint any notice provided by GITCA nor
attach any additional trademark or service marks without the prior written consent of GITCA.
4. The determination of the allocation and distribution of benefits shall remain solely and exclusively with GITCA.
5. It is the responsibility of the Member Organization to make a best effort in providing complete and accurate organization and
membership data as long as it does not breach your internal privacy policies.
6. A member organization may not combine with or become a focal point for other Member Organizations without agreement by both
7. The member organization is responsible for making sure your members and/or participants in your gatherings do not resell “Not-For-
Resale” (NFR) software provided by GITCA and/or its sponsors.
5. TRADEMARK USAGE
1. You are authorized to use GITCA trademarks and logos in advertising and in promotion relating to GITCA products, services and
promotions marketed under this Agreement, but only in accordance with the GITCA Trademark Usage Guidelines, which is incorporated
into this Agreement by this reference.
2. GITCA shall have the right to control the use of any of its trademarks by your organization.
3. Failure to comply with this section shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement.
4. Upon the breach, expiration or termination of this Agreement, you agree to immediately cease all advertising and use of any and all
GITCA logos, trade names, service marks and trademarks. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
5. You agree not to alter, erase or overprint any notice provided by GITCA and not to attach any additional trademarks or service marks
without the prior written consent of GITCA.
1. Either party may terminate this agreement at any time.
2. The dissolution of the Member Organization automatically terminates this agreement.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. This Agreement will, in all respects, be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
2. No waiver of any right or remedy on one occasion, by either party, will be deemed a waiver of such right or remedy on any other
3. This Agreement is not transferable to any other organization.
4. Each party will comply, at its own expense, with all statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, and orders of any governmental body,
department or agency that apply to or result from its obligations under this Agreement.
5. This Agreement cannot be changed by any non-written means or by any course of dealing or common usage.
8. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
1. The Member Organization agrees to keep any and all information marked "GITCA Confidential" as confidential and agrees not to disclose
that information at any time, except after which time the information may be publicly disclosed by GITCA through official press releases
2. The Member Organization is required to protect the intellectual property rights of GITCA and its sponsors.
1. Any modifications to this agreement, requested for particular organizations, must be submitted as a written addendum and agreed to
and signed by both GITCA and an official representative of the Member Organization.
10. AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Membership Agreement.
2. You understand that GITCA reserves the right to screen all information submitted in the request for membership application.
3. You agree that the materials, services, and any GITCA confidential information received through GITCA will not be redistributed (in any
form) beyond your organization, and will be handled with appropriate care.
Join our social networks: